User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 08:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search
News
Congratulations Lisa and Scott on the success of the voice and dance academy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mairead Nesbitt Leaving Celtic Woman  (Read 24730 times)
mpdallen
Administrator

Integrity

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »

Members and Guests,

Yesterday on Facebook Mairead Nesbitt posted the following:

MŠirťad Nesbitt Celtic Violinist
Yesterday at 11:55am ∑

Hi Everyone

After taking a bit of a weekend away, I came back only to realize that many of you have seen some press which may have you wondering what Iím up toÖ so itís obviously time to tell you.

Iíve made the personal decision to take time off from Celtic Woman to work on some really special projects that are close to me. At the end of this month Iíll be launching my PledgeMusic campaign and Iím hoping youíll follow me on my journey while I record my brand new album, HIBERNIA. This has been a long time in the making and Iím anxiously awaiting these recording sessions with symphony orchestra, as well as some very dear friends, family and special guests.

Also, now that I have this time away, Iíll be recording an album this fall with my very musical family (in a very unique setting!) as well as introducing my very own Celtic Violin line.
Iíll be sharing these details with you directly as the plans unfold.

Iím really looking forward to the months ahead. Iíll miss my Celtic Woman family while I embark on these projects but it will make it that much more special when I share the stage with them again!

Our fans are second to none & are like family to me. Thank you all so much for your support and Iím looking forward to seeing you all very soon with ‪#‎Hibernia‬ & again down the road with Celtic Woman Tour.

With love,
MŠirťad

I then posted the following to Mairead under her post:

Matthew J. Allen Mairead, I completely understand you doing this. I will always be your fan wherever you are and whatever you are doing. I have loved you from the beginning of Celtic Woman and you will always be in my heart. Keep us informed about what is happening with you.
Like ∑ Reply ∑ 16 ∑ Yesterday at 1:12pm

Mairead was the last of the Original Ladies of Celtic Woman to leave the group.

I fell in love with Mairead the first time I saw her perform with Celtic Woman on TV in the summer of 2005. Mairead was the first of the Celtic Woman ladies that I have met, and that was here in Nashville in March of 2007.

Mairead, I loved you then, and I will always love you and support you in whatever you are doing.

Mairead, I have always loved you playing your fiddle and flying across the stage, but what I loved so much to do with you is to look upon your face as you played so beautifully and read your expressions of emotion as you knew this is what you wanted us to hear. I have always said you have the most beautiful smile one will ever see.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
moscapoet
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:42:36 PM »

For some of us Mairead was the show. For years we said if she leaves it's done. Well, perhaps not done, but very much changed. Mairead was iconic. Her leaving came as no surprise to many of us who had been talking about clues behind the scenes. For most Lisa fans here they felt the same way when Ms. Kelly left. The wind seemed to have left the sails. In spite of that, much like a top drawer sports team, there was no shortage of talent waiting in the wings. They did not skip a beat. CW is a package and for those who own it and run it all the parts are replaceable as are individuals within the audience. Over the years Meav was the first to leave on her own, replaced by Lynn. Then Orla left, replaced by Alex. Then Alex left and was not replaced, so the vocalists dropped to three from four. Most likely that was a cost saving measure. Then Lynn left replaced by Lisa Lambe. Lisa Kelly was next to leave when she had her fourth child and was replaced by Susan McFadden. Then it was Chloe who Mairead Carlin stepped in for. Lisa Lambe left and in came Eabha McMahon. And now, the last original front row girl, Mairead Nesbitt has left with Tara McNeill taking her place. Early on Deirdre Shannon was in while Meav was on pregnancy leave and Hayley Westenra did part of a tour. so, the constant with CW has been change. We'll miss Mairead but also wish Tara well.

Lisa you will always be the voice
CWazyTom
Lisa Kelly Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »

For some of us Mairead was the show. For years we said if she leaves it's done. Well, perhaps not done, but very much changed. Mairead was iconic. Her leaving came as no surprise to many of us who had been talking about clues behind the scenes. For most Lisa fans here they felt the same way when Ms. Kelly left. The wind seemed to have left the sails. In spite of that, much like a top drawer sports team, there was no shortage of talent waiting in the wings. They did not skip a beat. CW is a package and for those who own it and run it all the parts are replaceable as are individuals within the audience. Over the years Meav was the first to leave on her own, replaced by Lynn. Then Orla left, replaced by Alex. Then Alex left and was not replaced, so the vocalists dropped to three from four. Most likely that was a cost saving measure. Then Lynn left replaced by Lisa Lambe. Lisa Kelly was next to leave when she had her fourth child and was replaced by Susan McFadden. Then it was Chloe who Mairead Carlin stepped in for. Lisa Lambe left and in came Eabha McMahon. And now, the last original front row girl, Mairead Nesbitt has left with Tara McNeill taking her place. Early on Deirdre Shannon was in while Meav was on pregnancy leave and Hayley Westenra did part of a tour. so, the constant with CW has been change. We'll miss Mairead but also wish Tara well.

Well said Scott.

I think Mairead moving on with her solo career will be good for her. I can imagine touring almost constantly for nearly 12 years was grueling. Also, as an artist, she must have been longing to express herself in her own way, outside of the framework a Celtic Woman show. It's also a wonderful opportunity for Tara. Like all the other girls, she seems so nice and genuinely elated to be part of the show. I don't think anyone will ever perform as energetically as Mairead, but I really like what I've seen from Tara so far. She's incredibly talented and despite being less experienced than Mairead doing this kind of show, she's been a joy to watch in all the videos I've seen so far.

I think most loyal Celtic Woman and Mairead fans will still follow both Mairead and Celtic Woman separately, although Mairead's departure will no doubt erode the long-time fan base, I think Celtic Woman will continue to be popular so long as they continue to put out amazing music. If (most of) Voices of Angels is any indication, they should be fine.
moscapoet
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »

Yes, M has become very active launching her new album, Hibernia, as well as doing promotional gigs for her new line of violins. Her family album, Devils Bit Sessions is now also on pre-sale at her Pledge Music site. she has now also signed on for a tour with an ensemble called Rocktopia. Check out their site for tour schedules.

CWazyTom
Lisa Kelly Fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »

Yes, M has become very active launching her new album, Hibernia, as well as doing promotional gigs for her new line of violins. Her family album, Devils Bit Sessions is now also on pre-sale at her Pledge Music site. she has now also signed on for a tour with an ensemble called Rocktopia. Check out their site for tour schedules.

Yep. I'm going to the Rocktopia show, making it 4 total concerts for me in the span of a few weeks:
- Voices of Angels at my home venue
- Rocktopia show to see Mairead
- Voices of Angels at a second venue (because my home venue has no meet and greet and I can't wait any longer to meet them)
- Lisa's show in PTC

That's going to be a heck of an exciting month, but it's going to lay a serious beating on my entertainment budget. The unfortunate victim is ChloŽ, who is one of my all-time favourites. I just can't make it to any of her shows on her spring tour. I feel really, REALLY terrible because she's so special to me, but it is what it is. Hopefully I'll get to see her again soon (maybe as soon as April 22), but regardless, I'm going to have a great time seeing Celtic Woman, Lisa, and Mairead.
mpdallen
Administrator

Integrity

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »

Tom,

You are going to a busy man for a few days, but the time and expense is well worth everything. Although you may not get to one of Chloe`s concerts, all is not lost, as she will be front and center at Lisa`s Voice of Ireland Concert April 22nd, 2017. You will not believe the change in Chloe, as she has learned to take charge during her concerts, and her entertaining ability has jumped over the moon, and she looks like a beautiful model walking the runway. To put it mildly, Chloe is gorgeous looking woman.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
CWazyTom
Lisa Kelly Fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »

Tom,

You are going to a busy man for a few days, but the time and expense is well worth everything. Although you may not get to one of Chloe`s concerts, all is not lost, as she will be front and center at Lisa`s Voice of Ireland Concert April 22nd, 2017. You will not believe the change in Chloe, as she has learned to take charge during her concerts, and her entertaining ability has jumped over the moon, and she looks like a beautiful model walking the runway. To put it mildly, Chloe is gorgeous looking woman.

Jim

I agree with you. I saw her show in Shelbyville, Indiana last year (+ all of her online concerts since she started them). Meeting her in itself was a dream come true and the fact that she even recognized me blew me away. Her show in Shelbyville (+ all her online shows) had phenomenal entertainment value. She's a fantastic entertainer, not just a singer/songwriter.

ChloŽ was soooo nice to me last year. She sang a song on YouTube for me with some of her amazing friends (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOXdwzXvtY). She gave me multiple shout-outs during the show in Shelbyville. She really knows how to make her fans feel special and appreciated. I'm so grateful to her.

It would have been nice to see her live on one of her solo shows this spring, but the timing and distance just didn't work out. So I'll look forward to seeing her on stage in PTC and hopefully I get to see her later this year as well on one of her other tours should there be anything left in my coffers by then.  Wink
moscapoet
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »

Tom, it was nice meeting you at the Rocktopia show in Atlanta and for the Lisa Kelly gathering in Peachtree City. Welcome to the family! Rocktopia is a great vehicle for our favorite fiddler as she lays the ground work for her own show later.

CWazyTom
Lisa Kelly Fan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 07:18:59 AM »

Tom, it was nice meeting you at the Rocktopia show in Atlanta and for the Lisa Kelly gathering in Peachtree City. Welcome to the family! Rocktopia is a great vehicle for our favorite fiddler as she lays the ground work for her own show later.

Thanks Scott! It was nice meeting you as well.

I have a bit of a more detailed ramble on Mairead's forum (http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6824.msg101604#msg101604 and http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6824.msg101606#msg101606), but suffice it to say I really enjoyed Rocktopia (not just Mairead but the singers and the whole show in general)! I wasn't sure if was going to like anything but Mairead, but it ended up being a very enjoyable show with passionate performances and high-energy moments.
JamesK.Parker

"There is no lass like an Irish lass" .....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »

Although  the  presence  of  our  Fairy  from  Tipperary   is  missed,  our  new  angel  Tara ,  is  a  pure  gem  of  delight.   Smiley

Lisa 3:16... "For Lisa so loved the world that she gave us her music."
CWazyTom
Lisa Kelly Fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 07:41:33 PM »

Although  the  presence  of  our  Fairy  from  Tipperary   is  missed,  our  new  angel  Tara ,  is  a  pure  gem  of  delight.   Smiley

I totally agree! You know from the CW Forum that I was going to love her no matter what. But in the year + 1 day since she was announced as a member of Celtic Woman, she has more than justified my blind faith. She's so talented and unbelievably sweet!
JamesK.Parker

"There is no lass like an Irish lass" .....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:36 AM »

I totally agree! You know from the CW Forum that I was going to love her no matter what. But in the year + 1 day since she was announced as a member of Celtic Woman, she has more than justified my blind faith. She's so talented and unbelievably sweet!
  Amen Tom...  Smiley

Lisa 3:16... "For Lisa so loved the world that she gave us her music."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: